The Ambassador of Mexico to India expressed to have a meeting with Indian Institute of Technology Bombay on April 1, 2022 on behalf of the Mexican higher education representatives. A meeting was held with the following Mexican scientific-academic delegation:
- Mr. José Mustre, Director General, Center for Research and Advanced Studies of the National Polytechnic Institute (CINVESTAV)
- Dr. Brenda Valderrama Blanco, Vice-Director of the Institute of Biotechnology, National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
- Dr. Laura Arreola Mendoza, Head of the Research and Postgraduate Secretariat, National Polytechnic Institute (IPN)
- Dr. Victor Manuel Tellez López, Director of the Center for Research on Applied Science and Advances Technology (CICATA-Morelos)
- Ms. Vanessa Espinosa, Head of Cooperation Section, Embassy of Mexico in India
Participants from IIT Bombay:
- Prof. Subhasis Chaudhuri, Director of IIT Bombay
- Prof. Amit Agrawal, Dean of International Relations
- Dr. Pushpa Kumari, Project Manager, Dean IR Office
Dr. Laura Mendoza and Prof. Subhasis Chaudhuri signed an expression of interest between IPN and IIT Bombay after interacting the prospective course of collaboration during the meeting.
The delegates were exhibited to Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF)/ Centre for Research in Nanotechnology and Science (CRNTS) labs by Dr. Gajender Saini, Senior Technical Officer, SAIF.